Over the centuries, parts of the church has been expanded and parts have been demolished. In the late 19th century the old church was abandoned and replaces by the islands new church, called Allhelgonkyrkan. This was because the islands population was to big to fit in the old church.
Sankt Ibbs church was therefore deserted during the early 20th century, but was rededicate in 1938. However the new church Allhelgonkyrkan has since been dechristianized and repurposed as the Tycho Brahe-museum
since 2004 and Saint Ibb is again the main church on the island.
Today Saint Ibb’s old church is a popular attraction for tourists and bridal couples because of it’s beautiful location.